Friday, October 10, 2014

Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival - part 1

Brandon had last Saturday off so we spent the day at Stone Mountain. It just so happened that they were having their pumpkin festival, too. It was a little chilly when we first got there...which made it seem more like fall. As the day went on, it ended up warming up. Overall, it was a beautiful day and we had a great time.

Now, to the good stuff.
The Waterfront was where the Riverboat was. I'm pretty sure they retired the boat. It used to take you on a scenic tour around Stone Mountain Lake.
Talk about some beautiful scenery. There was so much to see and do.
I tried to get a good picture of Brayden & Bailey with the carving in the background.
I should have known better. lol
Oh look, Bailey's looking at the camera and Brayden isn't.
What'd 'ya know...Brayden's looking at the camera and Bailey isn't.
The story of my life. lol



Brayden & Bailey enjoyed running around {like always.} :)'
We were happy to spend the whole day with daddy.

An up-close of the Confederate Memorial carving.
{Below: Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis}

I love it when we actually get a good picture of our family. :)'


The kiddos had fun chasing their daddy around.

The Stone Mountain chugga chugga choo-choo.

"Get me daddy. Get me."





Some of the pumpkins at the pumpkin festival.

We watched the pie eating contest.


We did Spookley's A-Maze-ing Adventure.
The story of Spookley throughout the maze was too cute.
The kids enjoyed the maze and all the activities in it.


Bailey the pumpkin.
Brayden the pumpkin.
The most handsome purple pumpkin I've ever seen. :)'





Growing up {and still} my dad has always left my mom notes around the house...so of course when he signed the wall...he wrote one of the things he's wrote for yearrrssss.










Brayden has counted here and there but never counted from 1-10. 
This was the first time we have ever heard him do that.
I read the sign to them and then all of a sudden he was pointing and counting. 
Proud mama and daddy moment. ;)
We never did figure out which pumpkin was different. Let me know if you do. :)'





Of course they had to make a ninja turtle pumpkin.




Bailey the scarecrow.
Brayden the scarecrow.
Daddy scarecrow.
Mommy scarecrow.




We made it all the way thru and the kiddos got to pick out a treat afterwards. Surprisingly, they didn't pick candy. They picked a spider and spider ring instead.

Silly me. I actually thought this pumpkin was real so I had to take a picture of it. 
Only to realize....nope it wasn't. lol
More pics from Stone Mountain coming right up. :)'

No comments: