Wednesday, May 18, 2011

His decision

Brandon's finally decided what he's going to go to college for. He was debating between Physical Therapist Assistant, Nursing, Sonography and X-ray tech. He narrowed it down to Physical Therapist Assistant and Nursing and decided on..............

 NuRsInG

{I think he'll be a great nurse. I would let him take care of me!!} :)'

It's amazing how your life can change in the blink of an eye. We went from playing baseball every single day and traveling...to being at home everyday trying to figure out what God wants us to do from here. We know this is where God wants us to be or he would have led us in a different direction.

Yesterday was Brandon's first day of classes. The day before that we spent most of our day at the college....registering for classes (which we waited in 2 long lines for hourrsss and he still didn't get into most of the classes he wanted/needed but anywho!!)....and buying textbooks.  As we were standing there in line....Brandon asked me "did you ever think we would be standing here doing this?" -- Definitely not.

So...yesterday I dropped him off for his first day of college. I sat there in the car and watched him walk away. I went from dropping him off at the field every day to now dropping him off at school. I can't begin to tell you how I felt. I actually got tears in my eyes and tried my hardest not to cry. Don't get me wrong....I'm soo excited that we're at home....together....every single day. {I love that!!} We don't have to worry about him going on 10 day roadtrips and me being in a strange city by myself for 10 days while he's traveling. We have dinner together every night. (Wouldn't trade this stuff for nothing in this world.) However, for some crazy reason I'm still having trouble letting go of baseball. I don't know why. Maybe because I always thought it would be a huge part of our lives and now it's not...I don't know. I think it's just going to take time. {It's pretty obvious I don't handle change well...haha} However....at least now I can sit down and watch a game on tv. I couldn't do that before. I am making progress. :)

So here we are. I feel like we are pretty much starting our lives over (which I know we're not.) Brandon's going to school and I'm still looking for a j-o-b. I know we are right where we are supposed to be right now. I'm still praying for God's guidance...it's sooo scary not knowing where your supposed to be and what your supposed to be doing. {I pray about everything!} We're not used to having a "normal" life. We know that God is going to use us in a mighty way and we feel like God is going to use us in the church we've been going to. I'm sooo thankful that we've met amazing Christian people who have now become our really close friends.

 It's soo amazing that Brandon's adjusted just fine. He's sooo excited about going to school. All he's ever known is b.a.s.e.b.a.l.l. I took this picture before he got out of the car. He makes me so happy!
{He's definitely "my better half" haha} :)
I love him so much. He always make the best of every situation and I wanna be more like him!!

p.s. Thanks for listening to my {what-we-call} pity party!! haha
Keep us in your prayers. We want God's will for our lives.

"Not my will, but yours be done."
 Luke 22:42

3 comments:

MegnHarry said...

So glad he's made a decision! And I'll be praying for you too! It's so funny bc I read your blog and you say you sometimes miss baseball and I often wonder what it would be like to be out of it! It can be so stressful....so it's really interesting to read how you feel about it. I know it's a big transition for y'all, but looks like you are making the most of it and enjoy the time together! (im in the middle of a long road trip alone- ugh)

Kevin said...

Finally had time to get on the computer and "catch up". Sorry to hear that baseball did not work out for Brandon. God does has a plan for your lives and I will be praying for your guys. I will let Seth know how you guys are doing. By the way, the Mudcats need a catcher that can hit over .200!! Oh well, on to bigger and better things!!

Kevin said...

Praying for you guys. Sorry for the grammatical error!!