Friday, May 20, 2011

American Idol & Chattanooga

Have yall been watching American Idol???

 Let me first say that I want Scotty to win. I like Lauren but hellooo Scotty's from North Carolina....he's a good 'ol country boy and most of all....He's a Christian....oh yeah, I know his aunt and his grandmother used to be one of my patients {HIPAA violation...whoops! I don't work there anymore...so oh well!! haha} Brandon and I really like him. Whether Scotty or Lauren wins, we know they're both going to be successful.

I was sooo excited about watching last nights show. I was glued to the tv. If I would have realized that Scotty was going to be in Garner last Saturday....we would have definitely been there {plus we could have seen Josh Turner too!} I literally had tears rolling down my face last night when I watched Scotty go to his hometown. He seems sooo humble and thankful! It was sooo weird seeing this in NC knowing it wasn't that far from us. ***Mrs. Betsy, Did you go??? :)***

and then......Lauren went to her hometown. I was surprized to see her throw the first pitch at the Chattanooga Lookouts game. Brandon actually played there last year when he was with the Carolina Mudcats {Cincinnati Reds organization} So of course that brought MORE tears to my eyes! haha
{I know I know...I'm a cry baby!!}

I wanted to share a few pictures from when Brandon played at the Chattanooga Lookout stadium.


Those were the days
 and I miss them.

This picture was taken before one of his games.
I thought it was cute since Brandon was a catcher. :)
 While we were there, we had to say goodbye to some of our good friends.
Smit & Renate
Smit played with Brandon but decided he didn't want to play any more.
I remember sitting in the car watching Renate cry about baseball being over....little did I know...I would be doing it a year later.
 We got to spend the day with them before they left to go back to Holland.
 I miss them! Hopefully they'll come back and visit their American friends. :)
Good Times.

{Can't wait to see Americal Idol next week to see who wins!!!!!!}


1 comment:

Betsy Watkins said...

Hey! No, I did not go to the hometown celebration for Scotty. I watched it on TV as it happened! Oh my! It was so beautiful! Scotty publicly declared his faith and mentioned Amos 4:7 about rain being withheld. There is something I want to mail you. His church in Garner has produced some tracts that have Scotty's personal testimony of his faith journey. I will email you:). Miss you guys!