Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My birthday weekend - part one

Last Wednesday Brandon informed me that he was taking me, Brayden and Bailey to Myrtle Beach for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. I was one surprised girl especially since I knew he had to work that weekend. We left Friday afternoon when he got home from work and we stayed until Sunday. We checked into our hotel and then went out to dinner. We had been promising B&B all day that we would take them swimming so after dinner we went back to the room and just as we were about to head to the pool...I got surprise #2. My parents showed up at our door. :)' I had thought all along that it was only going to be the 4 of us. Little did I know....Brandon had it all planned out and had been working on this for a month or so. Somehow he managed to keep it all a secret.
We spent some time at the indoor water park Friday night. 
We let B&B stay up late....which they loved. You would think if they stayed up late.....well, maybe just maybe they would sleep in?! Yeah right. Brandon and I both say that Bailey has an internal alarm clock set for 6:00 every morning and that is the absolute truth. That child is an early bird. So, 6:00 Saturday morning...we were "up & at'em." The weather was absolutely gorgeous. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. We went to the hotel playground for a little bit, then headed to the beach 
and then to the indoor water park.
It was warm enough to wear our "baby soups" as Bailey calls it.

Bailey enjoyed playing in the sand.
Brayden loved being able to wander around.



Bailey has recently started picking in-between her toes. 
My parents said I used to do that all the time when I was little.
Here she is getting the sand out from in-between her toes.











Headed to the ocean.




It was warm on Saturday, but the water was freezing.
I have no idea how people do the polar plunge.

We all put our feet in and about froze.
Of course Bailey didn't mind...and my mom didn't either.
Brayden stood back after getting wet one time.


After a little bit, we headed inside to swim.







Stay tuned....I'll post part two soon. :)'

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks like so much fun! Happy 30th to you! May your 30th year be FULL of blessings. PS - got a post up for ya ;)

Holly said...

what a great 30th birthday surprise! happy belated birthday.