Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Brayden & Bailey's 1st birthday party - Part 1

Brayden & Bailey turned the big 'ONE' on December 23rd. We had their birthday party in Brandon's hometown on December 15th. We celebrated their birthday early to separate their birthday from Christmas. Their birthday theme was Mickey & Minnie Mouse. :) {I think I had picked their theme before they were even born. haha I'm such a planner!} I spent alot of time preparing for their party. I made all the decorations and I loved how it all turned out. We invited about 69 people and almost everyone we invited showed up. I wanted to try to keep it as small as possible but Brandon and I both have big families. My mom and I took TONS of pictures so you may see some more than once.
 
{The party invitations}
I found exactly what I wanted online and had a family friend design them for me.
I loved how they turned out.
I even put Mickey & Minnie on the invitation envelopes.
{I cropped our address off.}
 The present table.
 
The Mickey #1 Brandon and I made.

Brayden & Bailey's smash cupcakes.
I debated and debated about doing regular smash cakes
and finally decided not to spend $60-$65 on 2 cakes that would go in the trash.
I think I made a good decision. {Thanks to Mrs. Kathy and Brandon! lol}
I was so proud of the Mickey "Happy Birthday" banner I made...
And of course....the mickey and minnie head centerpieces that were on each table. 
Brayden & Bailey's smash cake picture.
I had this made a few weeks before their party.
I love this picture of them with their matching polka dot outfits.
I decided to do cupcakes instead of a regular cake. This was another hard decision for  me to make. The cake I had picked out plus the 2 smash cakes was going to be $175. Brandon convinced me that it was way too much money so I decided to go with these cute Mickey and Minnie cupcakes. I was very happy with how they turned out. The girl I used made them exactly like the picture I had sent her. I was quite impressed.
Some up-close pictures of the cupcakes. We ordered 5 dozen.
Just looking at these makes me want one now. lol

This Mickey birthday sign was hung on the wall beside the cupcake table.
My Mickey wreath that I was also VERYYY proud of.
I made this months before their party. I loved how it turned out!
This is one of the centerpieces that were on the tables. There were 11 tables altogether. Some had Mickey and Minnie together; while others had just Mickey or Minnie. I spent alot of time making these and they turned out just like I expected. :)
 Some of the food...
We served....hotdogs {Hot Diggity Dogs}, Mickey chicken nuggets, chips, had several different cookies, Mickey fruit snacks, and lots of candy {twizzlers, Mickey & Friends candy canes, chocolates, gummy rings and so on.}
I actually baked the cookies in the picture below. For those of you that know me, you should be impressed!! I despise don't enjoy cooking or baking so for me to do this was pretty impressive. lol
{Thank God I have a husband that does enjoy it!}
Brayden with his great Grandpa.
{Brandon's Papa}
My dad {David Papa} and Bailey.
Brandon was in-charge of the balloons. ;)

Mickey treat bags for the kiddos and
the picture frames I made with Brayden and Bailey's picture in them.

Brandon's parents, Ronnie and Bonnie.
Ronnie was 'our personal chef.' :0)
Bonnie and my mom helped me decorate and anything else that needed to be done.
I'm sooo thankful to have great parents and in-laws.
The banner with monthly pictures. 
 
 
 


Bailey ended up getting her legwarmers dirty from
crawling on the floor so she didn't wear those long that day.
 
Brandon and my dad did a great job with the balloons. Look at them....hard at work.
Bailey and her great Grandma.
{Brandon's grandmother}
The decorating was finally done and I could relax...well, other than the balloons. haha

It looks like Brayden and Bailey were fighting over a bottle.
Me and Brandon's dad.
The best father-in-law a girl could ask for!


 Me and my momma.







 




 
 My husband gets the credit for putting the water bottles in the shape of Mickey. ;)



  The food table.
The hot dogs and nuggets were still cooking. 






Some of Brandon's family. 





 
 
 

 I also made their highchair banners.
 Bailey's banner had different Minnie's with yellow bows.
Brayden's banner had different Mickey's with red pants.
I still have more...so, check back soon!!

5 comments:

The Dworianyns said...

Happy birthday to your little angels! The party looked amazing! Ethan is actually going to have a Mickey themed party for his 1st birthday too. I might have to use your party for inspiration, everything looked great and I love that you made everything!

Lindsay said...

Such a fantastic job on all of the details! Looks like a great day. Congratulations to you and your family - that was one fast year!

Erin Bright said...

Wow Stacey! This looks really good! I'm impressed!

Holly said...

fantastic theme! love the Mikey 1 ya'll created along with everything else Disney. happy 1st!

The Pagnozzi Post said...

Wow you thought of everything! SO cute!! Happy Birthday sweet babies!