Monday, September 12, 2011

It's a boxing match in there!

The babies are finally kicking and I can feel it. When it first started a few days ago I thought it was little gas bubbles in my stomach....{probably to much information...but you know when you have to poot and you hold it because someone is around and you get that feeling in your stomach and then the feeling goes away.....lol....ok that's what I thought it was at first but then I never pooted. I kept feeling it here and there.} After feeling it a few times, I realized it was the babies kicking. I know ya'll probably think I'm crazy but I'm just tellin' ya! :)

Some days they wiggle around more than others. Tonight....they've been kicking like crazy. Brandon actually got to feel them about 5 times. He can thank my mom for that tho! She tried to aggrevate the mess out of them before she left. haha I am sooo excited that Brandon has been able to feel them too. It's so amazing. I got tears in my eyes when they kicked his hand. We're pretty sure it was the girl that kicked so hard I could see Brandon's hand move on my stomach. I think their fighting over space already. haha

**

"Oh God,
I thought I felt something the other day, but now I'm sure of it. Someone is moving inside me. Bumping around, stretching and turning all on their own, my sweet babies are letting me know their in there. This has to be one of the most awesome highlights of pregnancy -- the day I really know for sure that someone is sharing my body. The wiggles in my tummy are ever-increasing reminders that someone else exists within me.

Father, thank You for these gentle lessons that prompt me to examine my selfish heart. I share my body now, but these bumps and bangs tell me that soon these babies will want out, and it'll be time to share our whole life. It's time to learn how to live for someone else again.

I confess that I have become far too good at being selfish, please make me better at sharing and giving. You see all the trouble spots, all the places in my character that are weak and flawed. Remove my blinders and provide me with the courage to change. I want to be in process when these babies get here. I want to be pursing the image You have in mind. I open my heart to receive Your direction.

These babies already bring great joy. Just when my mind has wandered, they squirm and stretch, and I am freshly reminded to thank You. What a privilege to feel them jump and move around. What a smile the thought of them bring. This is such an extraordinary time.
Thank You Father for the leaps within. In Jesus' name, AMEN."
{Prayers for Expectant Mothers by Angela Thomas Guffey}

**

As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.
Luke 1:44

Isn't God amazing!

4 comments:

LEW said...

I LOVE your gas description about holding in a poot!!! Made my day!

MegnHarry said...

Such an exciting time! Happy for you!

The 'Ssippi Scoop said...

found your link on in this wonderful life. I just had twin girls a month ago. They were born at 33 weeks and spent 15 days in the nicu. Your description of how you feel them move is exactly how it felt to me. That's funny! I can't wait to keep reading and good luck!

Kathy Peitz said...

There just like their mama!!!! Kicks anything that touches your belly when I was pregnant with you you did the same way. =}~