Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Me & my cravings

I had been craving Chick-fil-a for a couple days and we knew the closest one was in Mesa which is about 20 minutes from Scottsdale (so we thought)!! So I finally convinced Brandon to go. We ended up driving for 45 minutes...haha.

We got to Mesa and our gps said we had reached Chick-fil-a...well, there wasn't a Chick-fil-a in site. Not surprizing!! So, Brandon finds it in our gps again. The gps said it was in Fiesta mall in Mesa...so we find the mall and walk in...(this is funny) as we were walking in Brandon and I both had already said it wouldn't be surprizing if they were closed for whatever reason...we were pretty convinced after driving this far that we weren't getting it.

WELL...WHAT DO YOU KNOW....we couldn't find it in the mall. Finally, I walked up to Cinnabon and asked the guy if there was a Chick-fil-a in the mall. He said they used to be right over there but they moved. (REALLY?...are you kidding me!!) Brandon and I just looked at each other and laughed. haha He gave us directions to the closest one from the mall...we got in the car and attempted to find it again. We went the exact directions the guy told us and still no Chick-fil-a. I was bound and determined I was getting Chick-fil-a. I have to have my Chick-fil-a @ least once a week...sometimes twice (people that have worked with me know that!!!)

Brandon stopped at the gas station and I went inside and asked. The guy told me we were headed the right way...go thru one more light and it would be on our right! Got back in the car....told Brandon...@ this point he's like..."Stacey, you and your cravings!!" haha He knows how I am...if I'm craving something...I gotta have it!! haha So we drove thru the light and wah-lah!!! There sat Chick-fil-a!!

I can't tell you how excited I was!! Brandon just looked at me...laughed and shook his head. Man I took it for granted having Chick-fil-a right around the corner @ home. So, now we know where the closest Chick-fil-a is to Scottsdale...so next time you eat there...take an extra bite for me!! haha

(p.s. If anyone out there wants to make an investment...open up a Chick-fil-a in the Scottsdale area. You would be a millionaire in a day I bet!~) --Sorry I didn't take any pics...I was too excited to eat my foooddd!! haha--

I'm not crazy am I?!?!? How far would you go.....

After we ate, we found a gi-nor-mous Bass Pro Shop. Brandon and I love going to that store!! We realized when we got there that it was kids night so we got to shoot at their lil range for free.


It was soo much fun! The lil boyys were standing there watching Brandon and I shoot...Brandon ended up showing a lil boy how to do it. It was cute. He kept telling me...shoot that one...shoot that one.


Hopefully I didnt bore ya'll with our adventure last night! I thought it was hilarious!!

2 comments:

Stategal81 said...

Funny story! Glad you finally found one though! Miss and love you guys!

yriefler said...

That is such a fun story, sorry you had to go so far but the adventure sounds worth it. In case you get another hankering and don't wanna trek so far there is a Chick-fil-A across from Paradise Valley Mall Tatum & Cactus(which is closer to Scottsdale than Mesa). And if you end up out at Peoria Sports Complex against Mariners or Padres, there in one right outside the ballpark. I hope that helps. :)

I am still not sure how I arrived at your blog from a post on my facebook newsfeed but I am glad I did, your blog is making my afternoon smile :) Take care and God Bless.