Sunday, August 28, 2011

My prayer for Brandon


"Please bless my husband, my dear love, as he is about to become a daddy. He's accomplished and strong, gifted and wise, with even greater successes ahead. I am sure he will shine as a father -- raising our children and shaping their lives, building for the next generation.

He must feel many pressures from our expanding family -- finances, home and school. His time is so precious and his days are already full. He wants to balance his schooling with great parenting, but at times he must feel overwhelmed. Give him the steady calm that strong men possess, the ability to set his priorities, and the stamina to be an anchor for this ship that has already set sail.

A great father must be a great leader, godly, visionary, confident, and persistant -- a man who keeps his word. I can think of no better combination of traits for a dad than strength coupled with tenderness. Unique are the men who know how to lead but never forget how to love.

Graciously give him the wisdom to father our children. You have already given him the strength of character -- now give him enough success to encourage persistence and enough sensitivity to remain tender. Guard all his days. Shield him with Your grace.

I feel honored to pray for my husband. He is good and righteous and true. I hold him up and ask boldly for Your blessings. I trust in Your love and faithful concern. Thank You for the great gifts You have given me through his life and love. In Your blessed name, Amen."

Prayers for Expectant Mothers by Angela Thomas Guffey. My mom recently got me this book and I love it.

I thank God everyday for my wonderful husband. He has blessed me in so many ways and I am sooo thankful he put us together. He's the man of my dreams and he's exactly what I prayed for. I will forever love him. Like our preacher always says...if he leaves I'm going with him. :)

Love
of
my
life.

No comments: