Sunday, August 14, 2011

16 weeks


How Far Along: 16 weeks

Size of Babies: Both babies are 5 ounces. It amazes me their the same exact size every time.

Total Weight Gain: Went to the doctor's last week and I've gained approximately 5 pounds in 2 weeks...not considering what I had gained before that. You do the math!!! haha

Maternity Clothes: Still wearing alot of dresses to work. I officially have my first pair of maternity shorts and I'm loving them. Their so comfortable. I also have a few maternity tops.

Gender: It's one of each! A boy & a girl!!!!!!! We are sooo thrilled! :)

Movement: I haven't felt any movement yet. The nurse said it was still a little too early. I should feel flutters in a few weeks.

Food Cravings: Still haven't reached the stage where I crave things. I know it's only a matter of time. I have been loving me some orange sherbert though. My father-in-law and Brandon's papa had a bowl with me yesterday afternoon. :)

What I Miss: I still miss drinking sweet tea. However, I did splurge last week the day of the ultrasound. I drank a half a cup of sweet tea from Smithfield's. They have the best sweet tea ever! I enjoyed ever sip of it. I drank it in hopes of getting the babies to move around and spread their legs to reveal their gender. It was a success! :) I also can't wait until I can sleep on my stomach!

Sleep: I officially sleep with 4 pillows. I sleep with 2 under my head...1 under my legs....and a body pillow that I keep on my right side for when I turn over. I think my husband is ready to kick me out of the bed. haha I'm sleeping better now. I still get up at least twice a night to use the bathroom; however, a week or so ago...I slept for 3 straight nights in a row without getting up any. Boy was that amazing!

Symptoms now: I dryheave very little now...here and there. I've been having alot of headaches. My left side cramps alot. I get tired very easily. Working wears me out. My nose will bleed just a little. Speaking of nose bleeds......I had an experience yesterday morning. I was washing my face in the shower and just bumped my nose with my nail and looked down at my finger and there was blood all over it. I rinsed my hand and felt my nose again and there was still alot of blood there. At that point I had no idea what I had done. I barely hit my nose and had blood gushing out. I hollered for Brandon twice and he came to the rescue. (gosh I'm gonna owe that boy!) He said when he saw me....I had blood running all down my face and all around my mouth. I got out of the shower and somehow he got it to stop bleeding. Boy...it's one thing after a another! lol.

Best Moment This Week: Finding out the gender of our babies! We can finally go shopping now and buy boy & girl stuff. :)'

Next Appointment: I'm pretty sure it's next week just for a checkup.

and just for kicks and giggles.................

Brandon wanted to make a face out of my belly. I can't believe I'm posting it on here. haha 

**

Brandon's procedure went well. Thanks for all the prayers. I think I needed it more than he did. :)

1 comment:

Kevin said...

This is totally Awesome!! I will let Seth know. Sorry, it has been awhile since I visited the site!! Congrats!

Blessings,

Kevin Newbury