Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Chugga Chugga Poooo-Pooooo

We have officially boarded the potty train at our house. I have been dreading it for a while now but we've decided it's about that time. I feel like they've been ready.
It's me that's been putting it off. 

Brandon & Brayden went to the store early yesterday morning. They brought back 2 potty chairs {Cars for Brayden & Minnie Mouse for Bailey} and Pull-Ups. We made a big deal about their new potty and they were very excited to sit on them. As soon as we opened the boxes, they hopped right on there and sat for a good while. Of course they had to pull all their Pull-Ups out of the package to see all the different ones...but that's what kept them on the potty then so be it. :)'

Yesterday was the very first day we started this new journey. I hope and pray we can all keep our sanity during this time. We aren't gonna force it. We're keeping our fingers crossed that they pick up on it...quickly.

I am proud to say that....after about 3 different times on the potty...Brayden 'pooed' after a few minutes around lunchtime yesterday. Ya'll have no idea how excited Brandon & I were. We figured we might get a 'tinkle' from one of them as we had heard the #2 usually comes along later....but this big boy surprised us.

We had moved their potty seats into the living room and they were just sitting there watching a movie. They were totally into it. All of a sudden Brayden just looked at me and smiled. It's like he knew. I asked him if he used the bathroom and he just kept smiling at me. He then pooted and said "I pooted mama. I pooted." A few seconds after that, his potty made the "vrrrrrrrmmm" sound. I knew his fingers weren't on the button and I immediately told Brandon I thought he might of done something since the sound went off and his hands were no where near the button. We had him stand up and low and behold. There it was. hahahaha Never have I been so proud. lol

So, day 1 turned out good. Brayden poo-ed and Bailey tried and tried. Bless her heart. We could tell she was trying but nothing happened. The crazy thing is....Bailey has been the one that's definitely been ready so we never expected Brayden to use it first. I'm pretty sure they both get the idea so we'll see what happens. God help us. :)'

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good luck! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

Leslie said...

This is hilarious and adorable...mostly hilarious :) Is it weird that I'm kind of looking forward to our "adventures" in potty training the twins?! You will have to blog some pointers for me once yours are off and running. Hope you guys have a great weekend!